I'm Laurie Voss. I've been a web developer since 1996, with occasional breaks to found companies like awe.sm (2010) and npm (2014). I like making websites, and I like making the web bigger and better. I think one of the best ways to do that is to encourage more people to do web development, by teaching them existing techniques and by building tools and services that make web development easier, so they don't have to learn so much.
I enjoy writing and speaking; here are some of my favorites.
- Stuff Everybody Knows Except You (part 1 and part 2), a marathon, 2-hour overview of professional web development given to graduates of Hack Reactor regularly since 2014.
- Solving Imaginary Scaling Issues, At Scale (Dinosaur JS 2017)
- Disappeared (Reply All podcast July 2016)
- You Suck At Technical Interviews, a guide to hiring (2014)
- Why I Am A Web Developer (2013)
- Blue Collar Knowledge Workers Will Save The Economy (2012)
- ORM is an antipattern (2011)
- In defence of SQL (2011)