18 January, 2004
Mikey is visiting. Thoughts from this weekend:
- Popstarz was fun
- O'Neill's is not really very Irish at all
- Michael is funny ha-ha, while Mikey is funny-strange
- Working on Saturdays sucks
- The Lord of the Rings would have been much shorter if the hobbits had mobiles*.
- Paycheck is a very entertaining movie
- I have become so assimilated to London that I no longer notice how ridiculous it is to pay £10 to see a movie
- Smallville is excessively self-involved
- Spam-based art is clearly the Next Big Thing.
- The Tate Britain is not nearly as crap as everyone makes out, although they do have waaaaaaaaaaay too much bloody Turner.
- Turner was very talented, but you can only look at so many brilliantly-executed landscapes before being bored.
- Villiers street has at least two good restaurants: Exotika is amazingly good, amazingly fast food with style, and the random Italian place is not bad either.
- Graham is still very interesting, and I am privileged to be (apparently) the only person he knows who doesn't have a doctorate.
- Veggie food can be good, apparently, when cooked by Mary
- I know some very embarrassing 80s songs that nobody else does, apparently.
- I sing along to these aforementioned songs in the expectation that everybody knows them, then get funny looks
- Mary lives SO FAR AWAY from Central. Get into zone 3 at the very least, woman! It takes YEARS to get home from your place!
* Insert obligatory "Can you hear me now?" joke