30 June, 2007
I am so fucking pleased with this device. It was worth every penny. It would be worth twice what I paid. It's awesome. It's god in the machine.
- It can't find my wifi network for more than 10 seconds, which is really irritating because it means I can't YouTube.
- Tabbed fucking web browsing in a phone? Are you shitting me? That's so awesome I practically came.
- The headphones suck! Why? Why do you consistently release sucky headphones, Apple? And my existing nice Bose headphones don't fit into your new curvy socket. Adapter-buying is tomorrow's activity, along with bugging the Genius Bar about why my phone can't find the freaking network.
- Landscape mode is wonderful
- Coverflow is very pretty but remains not so useful
- It's a much better phone than it is an iPod, and thankfully so. I already have an iPod; what I wanted was a kick-ass portable Internet device. And that's what it is.
- Calls? Of course I haven't made any. I have sent dozens of text messages.
- Unlimited data! Unlimited text messages! Oh hell yes!
- It's reassuringly heavy
- The picture of the phone on the cover of the box it comes in has a little indent where the Home button is. Surprise and delight me, baby.
- The blank row between the main 12 icons and the 4 function buttons is conspicuously empty. They clearly have plans for that.
- Pinching and squeezing to zoom in and out is extremely intuitive.
- It interferes with my speakers like no other phone has before. Is it broadcasting significantly more powerful a signal?
- Mapping is great.
- The photo-taking interface is generally great, which makes it once again puzzling that the picture quality is so mediocre. iCamera seems even more inevitable
- Except taking selfpics is extremely hard, because the take-photo button is a soft button, so you can't see how to press it when you're pointing the camera at yourself
- Video playback (from side-loaded videos) is awesome. Even the sound quality from the loudspeaker is good.
- It automatically grabs all my contacts from Yahoo! Calendar! Schweet! Free online syncing! (And a serious win for Y!Cal, go team!)
- God damn you, wireless! Connect!
More to come, I'm sure...
Update: Oh yeah, photos!