The Bracket Quiz
Okay, that's it. T really needs to stop finding memes and forcing, yes forcing me to propagate them. He's evil, I tell you. He's like a virus. Let me just grab some cereal and a cup of tea, and I'll be right with you...
[Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says]
"Smaller stones littered the escarpment, each subtending from its eastern side a raked cone of snow, its size varying according to the nature of the stone, pointing precisely away from the point from which the west wind whistled off the distant Barriers."
[Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?]
The door of my closet. A physical one, not a metaphorical one.
[What is the last thing you watched on TV?]
The Simpsons. The episode where they discover that Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
[With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?]
The TV in the next room, and the occasional mumble of a housemate speaking Bloke.
[When did you last step outside?]
Yesterday evening, coming home from work. About to head off to a picnic though.
[Before you came to this website, what did you look at?]
Another blog, Twentieth Century Fox.
[Did you dream last night?]
I always dream. I can't remember last night's dream. The last one I can remember clearly is where I was a white rapper in a band with 2 members of 311, and we were giving a huge concert on the beach in California, and I couldn't find my favourite t-shirt.
[What is on the walls of the room you are in?]
Going clockwise around the room:
- Big blue curtains, bought at Argos.
- A poster of Madonna with one gloved finger to her lips, bought at Warwick's ubiquitous poster sale.
- A "vintage" look Coca-Cola picture of a boy in a straw hut drinking coke under a tree. Looks like Rockwell, but is actually circa 1991. Framed. A gift from an ex-boyfriend, who was aware of my love of all things Coca-Cola (I have the posters, the pictures, a glass, and am currently saving up for a bar sign, preferably one of those neon pink ones, but I couldn't find any on eBay today).
- A mini Charlie's Angels 2 poster, nicked from a random Odeon somewhere.
- Nature Boy by Kyle, in clear glass frame. Bought by me while buying some for other people.
- A paper chain composed of sliced post-it notes (easiest paper chain in the world!)
- A "men of 2000" calendar, forever stuck on December, who is cute. Originally belonged to Kim, who kept the cuter ones for herself.
- My official Rik Ward seal of approval certificate.
- Another framed Coca-cola print, this one in Warholian Campbell's soup stylee, it's four coke bottles in a row. This one was a birthday present from Will.
- A print of "Cane Workers" by Isiah James Boodhoo, a Trinidadian painter. Christmas gift 2003 from my mother.
- A small parchment scroll with the chinese characters for "sing a song" on it, purchased in Thailand by my brother and his GF for me.
- Another Boodhoo print, this one called Kartik
- Yet another Coca-Cola piece, this one also Warhol-inspired, it's a grid of bottles and caps in Marilyn Monroe style. Another Warwick poster sale.
- An authentic (and somewhat stained) 6' x 4' Russian communist banner, circa 1970, in red cloth with gold tassels, featuring a slogan in Russian, an ornate hammer-and-sickle emblem, and a portrait of Vladimir Lenin looking suitably heroic. This was obtained for me by Mikey, who also translated the Russian at one point, but I have forgotten what it says. The back has loads more slogans as well.
- A cut-out section of a plastic bag, original from the Hayward Gallery, featuring Lichtenstein's Kiss V. I got it free when buying something unrelated at the shop, but after seeing the Lichtenstein exhibition currently running there.
[Seen anything weird lately?]
Soooo many things, but the best one recently was a Japanese woman very, very intently taking an extreme close-up picture of a puddle on the sidewalk on my way to work.
[What do you think of this quiz?]
I liked the question about the walls :-)
[What is the last movie you saw?]
Starsky and Hutch with Mary in a cinema, Eight Legged Freaks with eDan via download.
[If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?]
Anonymous gifts of spanking-new laptops and open round-the-world tickets for all of my friends. I have a plan, you see :-)
[If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?]
I would erase Jerusalem from the collective memory of the entire world, so people would stop fighting over that fucking place and go live somewhere else.
[Do you like to dance?]
It's in my top three things to do.
Idiot Son of an Asshole. Get rid of him, please.
[Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?]
I would have to take a long time to think about it. And I'd like to meet her first; not every name matches every person. Something that would sound okay to be called both on the playground and in the board room 30 years later. Those names are hard.
[Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?]
[Would you ever consider living abroad?]
I do live abroad. I come from Trinidad!
Right, that took ages! Off to the picnic.